Some credit cards offer against Car Rental Excess Insurance, which means when you rent a car you can go for the largest Excess which saves you money and if you pay for the rental on your Credit Card they will pay the full excess in the event of an accident. Some credit cards will have their own excess usually much small e.g. $250
I use Car Sharing Websites and services to save cost for personal and work trips and wanted to check if this was covered.
When you submit a claim to the company they are for two things :
- Invoices for the excess you are claiming ( You will need to pay this yourself and get reimbursed )
- Rental vehicle agreement (showing your rental vehicle excess)
Checking with the Car Sharing services for these I got the following answeres
“Car Next Door reserved the right to not file a claim and merely involved Recovery Managers to manage cases where third party damages are involved.
Lastly, Insuret’s policy and our own Member Agreement does NOT provide for rental car provision.”
Westpac – Rental Vehicle Excess in Australia – v1.2 WBC_Consumer_Credit_Card_Complimentary_Insurance_Allianz
This means Car Sharing services are not covered on Car Excess Policies
Any owner of the American Express Platinum Card in Australia also get the opportunity of getting a
American Express Platinum Reserve free of charge ( Usually 395 $ per Annum )
You need to fill out this form and post it to :
GPO Box 1582, Sydney, NSW, 2001
or you can email it to
One of the top Benefits of this card is the $400 Travel Voucher
American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, Card Members are eligible for one $400 Travel Credit each anniversary year. 2. The $400 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking of $400 or more where applicable when booking online through
American Express® Platinum Card Referral Australia
Bar Pulpo by MoVido is open daily from 5:30AM until 12AM, and is located in Terminal 2, just past security near gate 4. “serving traditional Spanish tapas plates and a selection of local and imported wines and beers.”
Urban Providore is open daily from 6AM until 12AM, and is located in Terminal 2, opposite gates 10 and 15. “exploring creative gourmet Australian flavors,” and “focusing on cooking healthy meals from locally sourced fresh produce.”
Each Priority Pass Member gets $36 to Spend and another $36 if they have a guest
If you have gone through the Amazon Wizard of becoming a professional seller however during your registration you try to change to Indivual you will see you can’t go back. You will need to complete the registration first and once you are done you can switch your selling plan to Individual selling plan by following the simple steps mentioned below:
1. From the “Settings” drop-down menu select “Account Info.”
2. Under Your Services, click “Manage.”
3. Click the “Downgrade” button.
4. Click on “Confirm Selling Plan switch”.
Once you have followed the steps mentioned above your selling plan will be changed to Individual selling plan from the next billing cycle and this will reflect on your seller central page.
I would also like to inform you that as I check the details, there is no deduction of monthly subscription fee showing on your seller account, however, if Amazon deducts your monthly subscription fee, we will refund you as you are not at-fault.
Those of you who took advantage of this offer in the good old days : http://maphappy.org/2015/02/the-quickest-way-to-earn-star-alliance-gold Will have an Aegean account still, with either with some status or even better miles. You can now earn an extra 500 points by downloading their App and Logging in
500 Free Miles+Bonus Miles for logging into your Miles+Bonus account on the Aegean app. Full details Until Nov 16, 17
Miles should post immedietly
American Express Platinum Insurance has changed from the 1 November 2017 with the following :
Coverage up to $500 to repair your broken smartphone screen1 when you pay for your smartphone with your Platinum Card (either outright or on a monthly contract). Conditions and exclusions apply.
Additional travel coverage
Enjoy peace of mind with extended coverage for Travel Cancellation Cover:
||Natural disasters if not known at time of booking
||A Special Event you were attending has been cancelled or postponed, due to unforeseen circumstances outside your control
||DFAT travel warning zones issued or upgraded to ‘advise against travel’ after your booking
Increased Close Relative age limit
We are also pleased to let you know that the Close Relative age limit for Resumption of Journey and Travel Cancellation Covers has increased from 80 to 90 years of age.
You do not have to do anything to take advantage of these updates
Recently our household has switched to Bamboo Toothbrushes. This is a tick in the right direction for sustainability.
Dentists I have always been to, always recommend an electric toothbrush over a manual one for gum massaging for regrowth as well as other benefits.
I thought what would be the possibility of someone creating an Electric Toothbrush head that is made of bamboo as this is the thing that gets thrown away mostly?
After some investigation, it seems the concept of an electric toothbrush and their head’s design is currently Patented 🙁
Which means this will need to be up to the someone to create a totally new mechanism for this and to be made of bamboo with Solar Power for the ultimate sustainability !
Referral Link : http://amex.com.au/refer/juliawxgxy
Membership Rewards points if they apply by 28 September 2017, are approved for an American Express® Platinum Card and spend $1,500 in their first 3 months of Card Membership
- 100,000 Membership Rewards points signup bonus
- $300 travel credit annually which means you can get this twice in a credit card year
- Unlimited access to certain airline lounges – including Virgin Australia Domestic, Delta and American Express lounges globally and Priority Pass
- 3 Membership Rewards points earned per $ spent at restaurants, 2 points earned per $ on travel spend, and 1 point per $ everywhere else except for utilities and the ATO
||Travel insurance, Purchase Protection, Roadside assistance insurance (PDS)
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold: which you can now easily status match to Marriott Rewards Gold following the merger of the two brands
- Hilton Honors Gold: this program has a global reach and good complimentary upgrade and breakfast benefits
- Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade: whose Infinite Journeys partnership with KrisFlyer gets you Silver or potentially Gold status with Singapore Airlines
- Club Carlson Gold: mainly for Radisson Blu hotels
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World: targeted at a younger travel audience who are looking for unique and quirky boutique hotels