Tags: 48$ Plan, Kodoo
- No contract
- 5GB LTE data (Additional data $5/100 MB)
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
- Unlimited World-wide messaging (text & picture)
- Call Display
- Call waiting and conference calling
How to get it
- Go to Koodo/Bestbuy/whatever, get a new number (new account) and the cheapest in-province plan you can get. This’ll only work in AB/BC/ON/NS if I recall correctly.
- Go home, create a new self serve account with this number, go change your number to a MB or SK one.
- Wait 4-5 days for the temporary billing cycle to roll over. Once you’re in the new billing cycle, change to the $48 5gb plan.
- Wait another 24h for the change to go through. At this point, you’ve got your current number with whatever provider, and your MB/SK number with the $48 plan on the new SIM you got from the rep.
- Go to change a number again, and port in your other number into the MB/SK account. It may say you have to wait 90 days, but you don’t – porting a number can be done anytime.
- This will automatically close your other account with whoever, and port in your old number, overwriting your MB/SK number, letting you keep the $48 5GB plan.